St Helena Little Book Of Big Experiences
Little Books may be picked up at our Tasting Room or mailed to you at no cost. Please enter shipping information to have them mailed to you.
Experience St. Helena during Napa Valley’s Cabernet Season. November through March is the time to enjoy the laid back atmosphere of the valley when the vines have been harvested and the wine has been put to rest in the cellar.
St. Helena’s top wineries, restaurants and hotels welcome guests to cozy up in this small town with our “Little Book of Big Experiences”. We have put together 25 Big Experiences that will entice you to visit once, twice or more and stay for several days each trip.
We have done all of the work for you. 16 wineries, 5 lodging properties, shopping, dining, and luxury transportation each offering curated experiences for guests. The book is valued at well over $1000 and can be purchased for $100.
These special experiences are best enjoyed Sunday through Thursday when you will receive that personal touch. Wine Club Member benefits, Barrel Tastings, Wine and Food Pairings. Vineyard view rooms, cozy dinners and holiday shopping. All this will make you remember St. Helena as a small town with Big Charm…and even bigger experiences.
Available through March 2017, the “Little Book of Big Experiences” includes the following offerings, all for $100:
- Trinchero Napa Valley – Sunday to Thursday, tour the state-of-the-art-winery with the rare opportunity to taste the future with a selection of barrel tasting and current releases. If guests visit Friday or Saturday, they can taste single-vineyard and dessert wines paired with cheese and charcuterie in the exclusive Legacy Lounge.*
- Beringer – Guests are taken on a brief walking tour of the historic property and seated in the Knights Valley Room to enjoy a flight of three red wines paired with locally sourced cheeses and chocolates.*
- Brasswood – Enjoy coffee, pastry, and a sensory room card. Step into the sensory room for an olfactory and visual experience that stimulates the senses to appreciate wine at the next level. Afterwards, sample a delicious selection of wines followed by a cave tour.*
- Charbay Winery & Distillery – Guests take a walking tour of the property with a member of the Charbay family and taste three port-style wines. Dependent on production schedule, guests have the possibility for a live distilling demonstration.*
- Charles Krug Winery – Taste five Family Reserve and Limited Release wines, and enjoy an exclusive barrel tasting of estates wines in the winery’s historic Redwood Cellar.
- Clif Family Winery – Enjoy a tasting of Clif Family wines paired with bruschetta from their acclaimed Bruschetteria Food Truck. On Mondays and food truck closure dates, enjoy a delicious plate of artisan cheeses and jams from Clif Family wines.
- Conn Creek Winery – Enjoy a private, seated tasting in the Anthology Salon, including a selection of AVA series Cabernet Sauvignons, Bordeaux varietals, and the current release of Anthology. On Friday through Saturday, enjoy a tasting in the lively tasting room with a flight of small-production AVA Series of Cabernet Sauvignons and wines from the Napa Valley Collection.*
- Flora Springs Winery & Vineyards – Select four wines from a line-up of amazing Napa Valley wines, including seasonal releases, unique varietals and exclusive wines. A tasting of Trilogy will also be included.
- Freemark Abbey – Sunday through Thursday, guests will taste a limited production wine and take a historical walking tour of the estate, to then be seated in the courtyard for a tasting of limited release, single vineyard, and library wines accompanied with artisan cheeses. Friday through Saturday, “Little Book” holders will enjoy a seated tasting of limited release wines.
- HALL St. Helena – Guests taste a welcome splash of Hall Sauvignon Blanc while taking a stroll along the stunning St. Helena grounds. They are then escorted to the Bergfeld Building to enjoy barrel sample of flagship Kathryn Hall Cabernet Sauvignon, finished off with a tasting room flight of four artisan wines.
- Merryvale Vineyards – Sunday – Saturday, guests tour the winery followed by a seated tasting of five current release wines in the 23,000-gallon redwood tank. Friday – Saturday, guests are treated to complimentary tastings of current release wines.*
- Raymond Vineyards – Sunday through Thursday, guests can taste premier wines while exploring the biodynamic gardens, crush pad, and barrel cellar on a private tour and tasting.* If guests visit Sunday through Saturday, they are welcome to a tasting in the Crystal Cellar where they can experience the important effect of aerating wine.
- Salvestrin Winery – Guest are invited to taste their small production single vineyard current release wines while taking in exquisite vineyard views. Guests will also learn about their winemaking philosophy, vineyard practices and conservation efforts.*
- VGS Chateau Potelle Winery – Enjoy unique food and wine pairings with food bites from the Michelin-starred Chef Ken Frank of the famed La Toque Restaurant. *
- Whitehall Lane Winery – Sunday through Thursday, overlook the estate vineyard from the friendly confines of the Club Room, and enjoy a chef-selected assortment of meats and cheeses paired with flagship wines. On Friday or Saturday, guests can enjoy a guided winery tour and sample tasting.*
- Yao Family Wines – Complimentary tasting with a bonus taste of Family Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Inn at Salvestrin – Guests enjoy a complimentary bottle of wine in their rooms and breakfast. Reserve two nights or more and receive two “Little Books of Big Experiences.” Reserve a third night at 20% off.
- Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer – Sunday through Thursday, guests enjoy 15% off a two-night stay in the newly renovated Vineyard View Collection rooms, and receive two “Little Books of Big Experiences.” Enjoy a complimentary in-room bottle of Napa Valley wine, a signature cocktail at Harvest Table, a signed copy of Chef Charlie Palmer's cookbook, and an inclusive chef's breakfast. On Friday through Saturday, guests enjoy 10% off their Vineyard View Collection stay, and all additional weekday perks.
- Southbridge Napa Valley – Sunday through Thursday, guests who reserve two consecutive nights receive: two “Little Books of Big Experiences” and an amenity of Jean-Charles Boisset #21 in your room. Each reservation includes a locally sourced continental breakfast. You’ll also enjoy complimentary use of Health Spa Napa Valley. Guests who reserve a third consecutive night will receive 20% off that night. On Friday through Saturday, “Little Book” holders receive Jean-Charles Boisset #21 in their rooms, and enjoy continental breakfast and complimentary use of Health Spa Napa Valley.
- Wine Country Inn – 15% off guest stay Sunday through Saturday. Based on availability.
- Wydown Hotel – Receive 15% off a one-night weekend stay or 25% off a two-night weekday stay. Additionally, guests receive 25% off any spa treatment at Health Spa Napa Valley, and complimentary room upgrades when available.
- The Culinary Institute of America at Greystone – On weekends, the CIA’s DeBaun Theatre comes to life with live cooking demos performed by the college’s renowned chef-instructors. During these one-hour events, guests will taste seasonal flavors of Napa Valley wine country paired with wine from Greystone Cellars. Join them for a complimentary one-hour demonstration at the world’s premiere culinary school.
- Harvest Table – Tuesday through Sunday, “Little Book” holders enjoy their choice of a complimentary appetizer or dessert when they dine for lunch, brunch, or dinner.
- Beau Wine Tours – Purchase a six hour wine tour on Sunday through Saturday and enjoy a complimentary cheese tray and Jean-Charles Boisset /Raymond bubbles. Little Book holders also receive 15% off hourly charter rates. Friday through Saturday, six hour tours receive a complementary bottle and cheese plate, and 10% off hourly charter rates.
*Requires advanced reservation.
Details to know when purchasing the Little Book of Big Experiences
- Please plan ahead to visit the properties as most require appointments or have specific tasting hours.
- Book holder is entitled to complimentary wine tasting at all of the wineries included in the book. Please see individual pages for specific experiences. Note: Sunday through Thursday and Friday – Saturday experiences may differ.
- When making your lodging or dining reservation please mention you are a “Little Book” holder.
- No shared tastings, one per book.
- For group experiences please contact the St. Helena Experience Concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All book holders must be at least 21 years of age - Please be prepared to show identification.
- Contact the St. Helena Experience Concierge to assist with your itinerary email@example.com.